Friday, May 23, 2008

Family and Fun

Last weekend we went to my parents house for a visit. On Saturday, Heath and I went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. My sister watched the kids for us and it was so nice to have a day just the two of us. The park was REALLY crowded because there was a middle school band competition that day but we managed to hit a few rides and some shows. They had a "riverdance" show that was really good. We also got to eat our favorite amusement park treats like funnel cakes and waffle cones. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. One of the best things is that at Busch Gardens if you are a VA resident your one-day pass becomes a season pass for the rest of the summer. We are hoping to make it back there a few more times this summer and take advantage of the great deal.

My grandmother also came to visit this weekend. It was a rare treat to get to see her. My grandfather passed away last fall and I know that it has been tough for her. She is doing great and is such a strong woman. It was nice to have her all to ourselves for a few hours on Sunday. Our children had lots of fun with her. Logan even took a few naps on her. I am grateful that my children had the opportunity to get to spend time with her and to take this sweet picture. I should have made my mom get in so there would have been four generations in it. But I love it all the same. We love you mimi!


4 comments:

Ioana said...

It's so nice to be able to spend time just with your hubby! I'm glad you guys got to enjoy a bit of the Busch Gardens. I love that park! Also, what a nice treat to have your Grandma come and spend time with you and the kids!

Toni said...

That's great that you got to have some fun at Busch Gardens and also spend some time with your Grandmother.

Unknown said...

So glad you got to have a date with your husband. It's so much harder to do that once you have kids. Mmmm, funnel cake. I didn't know Busch Gardens did that with the seasons passes, that's really cool! And cute picture, cute kids!

Goodkids said...

It sounds like the Charters are doing well! I keep telling Dave that he needs to send Heath his prize; Heath was the first one to answer some football trivia question on his blog. Anyway, I'll keep on him to do that! I love the blog, you have such an adorable family. Any trips to Utah coming up?? Deb