We decided to get Sydney a little pool for the backyard this summer. She loves it! I took her with me to the store to get it and promised her that we would use it the next day when the daycare kids came over. She was sooooo excited about it. Asking about her new pool was the last thing she did that night before she went to sleep. Sadly, the next morning we woke to rain. It rained all day long and Sydney was pretty disappointed. She kept looking out the back door and then would come running telling me, "not raining no more." (It was always still raining, plus it was really chilly out!) The next day it wasn't raining so I decided it was time to get the pool together. It was still pretty chilly out but Sydney didn't care. Here she is all ready in her new bathing suit.
Here she is out in the pool. I only put a little bit of water in there because I thought it would be too cold. Notice that she is just crouched down. She didn't sit down the whole time because it was too cold. Despite the chill she loved it and didn't want to go in. 
A few days later we tried again and it was much better. It was hot out and Sydney had friends over (daycare kids plus one friend from church) and they had a ball! Sydney was too busy playing to stop and look at the camera despite my repeated requests. Sydney had also started a swimming class, the kind you do with a parent. She loves going to the big pool! We have gone under the water a few times and she doesn't like that but she is proud of herself and loves to tell people that she went under. I can get her to do just about anything so that she can go outside and play in the pool.

1 comment:
Cute pictures. I'm glad the weather cooperated for her.
Post a Comment