We blessed Noah on November 1. 2008. We were lucky to have some family come into town to visit for the occasion. Heath's mom and both of my parent's joined us for the special day. I was a little worried that Noah would be too big for our family's heirloom blessing dress. This is the dress that I was blessed in and it is a replica of a dress that has been in my Father's family for a long, long time. It is such a beautiful dress but really is not too masculine. Oh well, it is tradition and I think it is really neat that myself, all of my children, and all of my nieces and nephews on my side of the family have been blessed in this dress.
Heath's mom made an awesome quilt for Noah and brought it when she came for his blessing. It was really neat and of course it was Noah's ark themed. Here are a few pictures of it. It is almost to nice to use, almost.
1 comment:
What a neat tradition. Back in the day, all boys wore dresses for christenings.
Post a Comment