Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kirtland, Ohio Trip

We took a short trip to Kirtland Ohio during the beginning of July. We wanted to go somewhere close enough to get to in one day but far away to be new and exciting. I am not sure how, but we decided on Cleveland/Kirtland. Most of our time was spent seeing Church History sites. They were all pretty neat and each held the spirit. Once again I was not the best at taking lots of relevant pictures but hey, at least I took a few.
These pictures were taken in the in Kirtland. This building is where the early saints made Pot Ash to sell. I loved all of the flowers! We Went in several buildings, I really enjoyed the Whitney store and home.


Here are a few pictures of the Kirtland Temple. We took a tour and it was very interesting to see this holy place through the eyes of The Community of Christ.


Sydney took this one:
After we saw the temple we were able to go the Kirtland Stake Center for a play called "This is Kirtland." I thought they did a pretty great job, especially since it was free. It gave lots of history on the early saints in Kirtland and best of all I got to see an old college friend of mine who was in the production.
Kirtland and all of the surrounding church history sites we visited were great. I think we made a great choice for a last minute mini vacation.

1 comment:

Toni said...

One day I hope to take our kids up there. What a great trip.