Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's All Fun and Games Until the Paint Ends Up on the Floor

A few days ago Sydney went for a playdate with some friends. She painted for the very first time and she was in love. This is one of her favorite activities these days. So, I decided to let her do a little painting at home. She was having a ball painting on her table that I covered in waxed paper. After showing mom and dad her wonderful artwork it was time to clean up. She wasn't too excited about the idea of cleaning up but since she loves to wash her hands she was tolerating "clean up time." As I was washing off her brushes, Sydney got a hold of the paint! YIKES!!!!!! Yep, you guessed it. Blue paint all over the floor, her feet, and the apron she had been wearing. One bath, and lots of extra cleaning later, everything was restored to normal except maybe my nerves. Next time we paint there will be lots more diligent supervision and perhaps a higher storage area for the paint bottles.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Hmmmm.... I heard Santa is bringing Eliza some paint for Christmas because it is her favorite thing to do at the Children's Museum. I hope I am not too sorry later...